By Aayush Khanna
Zydus Lifesciences (NS: ZYDU ) Limited, along with its subsidiaries/affiliates, has secured the final nod from the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for producing and marketing Methylene Blue Injection in 10mg/2ml and 50mg/5ml formulations. This generic version of the Reference Listed Drug ProvayBlue® Injection offers a notable departure from the prevalent ampoule presentation in the market, as Zydus introduces a vial presentation. This shift is strategically designed for hospitals, providing an economical and advantageous alternative.
The vial presentation not only eliminates the risk of glass particulate contamination present in ampoules but also offers advantages such as ease of use, enhanced handling, and flexibility with reduced dose wastage. Dr. Sharvil Patel, Managing Director of Zydus Lifesciences Limited, expressed satisfaction in introducing Methylene Blue Injection in the U.S., emphasizing the company's dedication to delivering affordable complex generic medications and fortifying the U.S. healthcare supply chain.
Methylene Blue Injection serves as an oxidation-reduction agent, specifically indicated for treating pediatric and adult patients with acquired methemoglobinemia. Dr. Patel highlighted the specialized capabilities and expertise involved in developing and manufacturing this product, reflecting Zydus' ongoing commitment to making complex generics accessible to those in need. The annual sale of Methylene Blue Injection, 10mg/2ml, and 50mg/5ml in the United States is estimated to be around USD 73.4 million, as per IQVIA MAT Oct-2023 data.
X (formerly, Twitter) - aayushxkhanna
CYBER MONDAY SALE: You can avail InvestingPro+ at a massive 60% discount and by using the coupon code PROC324 get an extra 10% discount over and above the ongoing promotional price for the Bi-yearly plan only. Click on the image below to access the link
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.