Wizz Air shares rise after passenger figures jump in December
By Scott Kanowsky
Investing.com -- London-listed shares in Wizz Air Holdings PLC (LON: WIZZ ) rose on Tuesday after the low-cost carrier posted a sharp increase in passenger figures in December.
The number of customers flying with the European airline during the month jumped to 4,180,310, a rise of 58.4% compared to December 2021. The load factor - a measure of the available seats filled by paying passengers - also moved up 9.1 percentage points to 84.5%.
Over the rolling 12-month period, passenger levels grew by 110.2% to 45,661,915 at a load factor of 86.7%.
In December, Wizz Air opened new routes from Italy to Saudi Arabia and unveiled further expansion at bases across Europe. All these additional aircraft will operate new routes and higher frequencies starting this year, the company added.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or