By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Strong Asian markets, crude oil and expected positive developments on the domestic front will likely ensure that Nifty and the BSE Sensex will open on a firm footing today. Nifty Futures are trading flat in Singapore and this is the most reliable indicator that markets will likely open positive in India today.
Nikkei 225 is trading up 1.34% at the time of this report while KOSPI 50 is up 0.35%. The Australian ASX 200 is also up 0.37%. Major European indices had a very good day yesterday with FTSE gaining 2.52%, CAC up 1.45% and DAX ending up 0.42% as global markets all expect the economic recovery to be much faster than expected. It is likely that all of them will continue their momentum today as well. US markets were shut yesterday.
Crude oil is trading at $60.19. It has held the $60 mark and this is the highest it has been trading in 13 months on the back of vaccine rollouts and expected comeback in global demand.
SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) is expected to ease norms for large issues in its meeting on February 17. This will likely help large companies like LIC (Life Insurance Corporation) that are planning to list this year.
Exports in India rose 6.16% to $27.45 billion in January according to commerce ministry data while imports also grew 2% to $42 billion.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.