By Puneet Sikka
This is big news for cinema hall operators as they have been struggling to stay afloat in the last 18 months since they have not been allowed to function for most of the time during this period.
Although multiplex operators such as PVR has followed some innovative measures such as negotiating with the mall owners to waive off rentals during the time they have been asked to close, it was not sufficient to cover up the entire costs. These operators had to resort to other cost-cutting measures such as reducing the workforce and delaying capital expenditure plans.
Despite this good news, another wave of Covid-19 still poses a big risk to these stocks and investors should take note of this.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.