By Puneet Sikka
Nifty Media was clearly helped by the 32% jump in Zee Entertainment (NS: ZEE ) stock yesterday. Zee Entertainment and Sony Pictures Network signed a merger deal, which is great news for Zee. This is because before the merger, Zee Entertainment had been struggling financially and its two largest shareholders expressed non-confidence with the management, which includes its CEO and MD -- Punit Goenka. Interestingly, after the merger, Punit Goenka will be the CEO and MD of the new entity.
Nifty Realty, on the other hand, is making smart gains and closed 8.5% higher yesterday. It consolidated its gains of 3.6% that it made on Tuesday. Godrej Properties (NS: GODR ) and DLF (NS: DLF ) made double-digit gains yesterday. Accountability in the Indian real estate market due to RERA and the prevailing low-interest rates scenario are some of the driving factors behind this surge.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Look like today slipped from the reallyLike 0
The ZEE news was already factored in when the price increased by 60%+. So not sure how much more will the stock rally if one enters at this price. Unless there is some amount of correction for a decent entry.Like 0
till where prices collapse of soyabean in MaharashtraLike 0
The reason why media stock and Inox rallied are quite elaborately explained. wow. Reality stocks always moves when any Metro City authorites makes supportive decision like Bengaluru did yesterday and Inox and PVR moved due to Mumbai multiplex new announcement.Like 0