By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- One of India’s leading specialty polyester firms Garware Polyester Ltd (BO: GRPY ) is trading at a multi-year high not seen since 1994!
Garware Poly is trading at Rs 355.95 today, up over 10% from Rs 322.55 on December 9. The bump in its share price came after it became the first Indian company to enter into the paint protection film (PPF) space in India. On Friday it said that it expects to see Rs 300 crore incremental revenue rise by FY23 based on the PPF foray.
In a press release the company said, “With no major domestic manufacturing competition, the company estimates PPF to contribute 20 per cent of FY23 revenue estimated at an incremental Rs 300 crore. The GPL PPF will also be more competitively priced than those available in the Indian market today, as it is manufactured in GPL's highly efficient, integrated manufacturing set-up.”
PPF is of great demand in the automobile industry. PPF is a ‘self-healing’ film applied to painted surfaces of a new or used car in order to protect the paint from stone chips, bug splatters, and minor abrasions. The current global market for PPF is estimated at $500 million.
The company’s results for the quarter ended September 2020 showed a 41% jump in net profit to Rs 37.76 crore.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.