By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Shares of PSU mineral producer NMDC Ltd (NS: NMDC ) have been in a rough patch in the last month. The stock has fallen over 7% in the time period. It closed July 19 at Rs 174.85.
However, brokerages are positive on the stock with a potential upside of almost 23%. ICICI Direct has a target price of Rs 210 on the stock. It said, “Over the next couple of years, uptick in volumes augurs well for NMDC. Furthermore, blended realisations of NMDC are also likely to improve further during Q1FY22 on the back of price hikes of Rs 2,250/tonne for fines and Rs 2,300/tonne for lumps taken by the company during April-May 2021. These price hikes would offset the additional royalty premium. On the back of volume growth coupled with healthy pricing environment, we have a positive view on NMDC. We upgrade the stock from HOLD to BUY recommendation.”
Edelweiss has a target price of Rs 215 on the stock. NMDC has approved the demerger of its steel plant, and the brokerage believes it’s a matter of time before Dalal Street starts attributing value to the same. NMDC has so far funded the plant through internal accruals. The brokerage has also upgraded the stock from a hold to a buy.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
It is F & O stock and is in ban period.That is why movement is slow.Like 9