By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- It was a good day for telecom players Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) and Vodafone Idea Ltd (NS: VODA ) today. Bharti Airtel gained 4.16% to close at Rs 547.6 while Vodafone Idea closed up 2.22% at Rs 9.2.
Bharti Airtel: The company made a strong signal that it is focused toward increasing its ARPU (average revenue per user) when it announced that it has discontinued its base level Rs 199 and Rs 249 a month for corporate users. Its entry level plan will now start at Rs 299 which means existing customers will move on the higher plan from the next billing cycle. Markets gave a thumbs up to this move.
Vodafone Idea: The government has approved a Rs 15,000 crore proposal from Vodafone Idea via the FDI (foreign direct investment) route, according to media reports. If the fund raise goes through, it will give Vodafone Idea a lot of breathing space, and will help it pay statutory dues, and pay for spectrum that it has bought. Mutual funds have been betting on Vodafone Idea’s revival. A report in the Economic Times said that HDFC (NS: HDFC ) AMC and Aditya Birla MF bought 1.41 crores and 19 lakh shares of the company in June. Vodafone Idea has reported losses for 11 straight quarters.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Is it best time to invest in Vodafone idea?? I hope Vi can gain much in next 6 month.Like 6
The jump in airtel was just a momentum jump. The price of airtel share certainly come down tomorrowLike 10
Nailed idea movement however airtel has many other factors as wellLike 2
Airtel will not cross 550 more over it may slide towards 530 before expiry.Like 7
yeh sab faltu ki baatein hai . Monthly expiry ane wali hai so uske hisab se movement hai .Like 12
wow what a theoryLike 9