New Delhi, March 30 (IANS) Propel Plastic Products Private Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Welspun Corp Limited (NS: WGSR ) (WCL), has discharged the consideration to the creditors of Sintex-BAPL Limited for an amount aggregating Rs 1,251 crore in the form of upfront cash in terms of the approved resolution plan.
Pursuant to the implementation of the Approved Resolution Plan, Propel has merged with SBAPL with effect from March 29, 2023, Welspun Corp said in a filing to stock exchanges.
Consequent to the merger, SBAPL has allotted equity shares to the shareholders of Propel viz., WCL in accordance with the Scheme of Arrangement provided under the Approved Resolution Plan.
Resultantly, SBAPL has become the wholly owned subsidiary of WCL with effect from March 29, 2023.
As required under the Approved Resolution Plan, upon re-constitution of SBAPL's Board of Directors, SBAPL has executed a Business Transfer Agreement (BTA) and hived-off its Auto Business to Plastauto (i.e. other Consortium Member and a Related Party of WCL) for an overall lump-sum consideration of Rs 110 crore and as per the terms of the Approved Resolution Plan. The Effective date for BTA is March 29, 2023.
Earlier this month, Welspun Corp had announced the acquisition of Sintex-BAPL Limited by Propel Plastic Products Private Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Welspun Corp Limited and Plastauto Private Limited, earlier known as Tubular Pipes Private Limited, a related party of WCL.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.