By Sam Boughedda
Investing.com — U.S. stock indices closed mostly higher Wednesday after a rally in tech stocks. Here are some of the most significant winners today:
- Jasper Therapeutics (NASDAQ: JSPR ) was by far the biggest gainer on the day, closing the session over 109% higher after it was labeled as an 'emerging leader' in its field.
- Plug Power (NASDAQ: PLUG ) also made a strong move higher following an upgrade by Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS ) and green hydrogen deals with Airbus and Phillips 66 (NYSE: PSX ). Plug shares closed up 12.8%.
- SAP (NYSE: SAP ) shares rallied 5.2% on news the company raised its annual outlook for the third time after sustained growth in its subscription business.
The significant losers on the day included:
- CRISPR Therapeutics (NASDAQ: CRSP ) updated results from its Phase 1 trial of CTX110 in B-cell malignancies, which is still ongoing, but closed the day down over 5%.
- Delta Airlines (NYSE: DAL ) delivered a profit in its earnings report but warned of fuel cost pressures and ended the day with its shares falling 5%.
- JPMorgan (NYSE: JPM )) also reported positive earnings, exceeding expectations for both profit and revenue, but found its shares down 2.64% at the close.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.