The cryptocurrency Waltonchain (WTC) has experienced a significant drop in value, with its market capitalization shrinking to $4.55 million. The digital asset, which integrates RFID technology with blockchain for supply chain management solutions, saw its price fall to $0.0515 or 0.00000136 BTC as of Wednesday, midday ET. This decline is part of a broader downward trend for WTC, which has seen a dramatic 66.7% decrease in value over the past week.
Waltonchain's trading activity has been robust despite the price fall, with $7.33 million worth of tokens changing hands. The project, launched on July 21, 2017, by Xu Fangcheng, has a total token supply of over 88 million tokens. These tokens are available for trade and utility within the Waltonchain ecosystem, which aims to enhance transparency in supply chain management through its innovative technology.
The broader cryptocurrency market has also faced volatility, with various tokens experiencing fluctuations. KILT Protocol, for instance, managed to gain nearly 4%, contrasting with Waltonchain's losses. Meanwhile, other cryptocurrencies like Aidi Finance (BSC) and Zoo Token saw declines of over two percent, with Kitty Inu posting an increase of around two percent. CareCoin, along with other smaller tokens, mirrored Aidi Finance's downturn. Lego Coin held steady at its price point, Lumi Credits saw minor growth, and AXIA Coin endured a slight reduction.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.