New Delhi, May 24 (IANS) Vedanta's (NS: VDAN ) Iron Ore Business, in view of International Day of Biological Diversity and World Environment Day, launched #SesaForGreenerGood campaign to highlight unique Biodiversity conservation and systematic Mine reclamation measures across all the business units.
The campaign will also emphasise upon the ESG initiatives and will be targeted towards mobilising the stakeholders to further enhance contribution towards adoption of robust sustainable industry practices.
The campaign will focus on highlighting the green model adopted by the company including various sustainability initiatives such as afforestation, pisciculture project, nakshatra garden, charak vatika, spice plantation, butterfly park, bamboo setum, bamboo pavilion, Sesa Technical School, Sesa Football Academy implemented by Sesa Goa Iron Ore business and will create awareness about replication of similar kind of initiatives for Biodiversity conservation and sustainable future at large.
"This will be done by way of sharing success stories, testimonials, and methodology behind these projects to underline committed efforts by Sesa Goa Iron Ore Business to set up new industry trends," the company said in a statement.
Sesa Goa Iron Ore Business also recently implemented innovative Miyawaki plantation technique to develop green belt areas and implemented various initiatives towards water conservation and carbon neutrality.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.