Goa/New Delhi, Aug 12 (IANS) Vedanta Ltd (NS: VDAN ) Iron and Steel Business has recently partnered with IIT Bombay (IIT-B) on an R&D project to develop cost-effective technology for producing Green Steel using hydrogen targeting significant carbon footprint reduction in Iron and Steel space.
Further Vedanta-Iron and Steel and IIT–B will collaborate on exchange of knowledge and technology for process innovation and excellence.
The first project kick-off meeting between Vedanta-Iron and Steel leadership team and IIT-B senior executives was held through virtual platform which was chaired by Sujal Shah, CEO, Sesa Goa Iron Ore Business, Vedanta (NS: VDAN ) Limited, and Prof. Arindam Sarkar, IIT-B along with the project team.
This engagement with IIT- B, is a significant step in line with Vedanta's larger vision of achieving carbon neutral operations by 2050 and country's larger vision of producing Green Hydrogen and aims to create benchmark transformation in steel making process.
Sauvick Mazumdar, CEO, Iron and Steel Sector, Vedanta Limited, said: "At Vedanta, we are fully committed towards our ESG goal of achieving 'Carbon Neutrality' by 2050 or before, and this engagement with IIT-B is a massive step forward in our endeavour to adopt 'Green Technologies' to significantly reduce the carbon footprints. I congratulate my Iron and Steel Business team and IIT-B for this fruitful association which will surely lay foundation for yet another landmark transformation for metal & mining industry."
Milind D. Atrey, Dean R&D, IIT-B expressed his excitement for this strategic alliance with Vedanta-Iron & Steel Business.
He said: "I really commend Vedanta- Iron & steel Business for this proactive step towards R&D for Green Steel making which will prove to be a key landmark in creating greener future. We at IIT-B are extremely happy to be associated with this unique endeavour."
Vedanta's Iron and Steel Business has implemented several high impact initiatives towards adoption of most sustainable business practices such as systematic reclamation of one of the largest open cast iron ore mine in Goa, 60 MW clean power generation through waste heat recovery power plants, state-of-the-art Environment management practices and much more over the decades
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.