By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of the multinational mining company Vedanta (NS: VDAN ) jumped 8.7% to Rs 259.5 apiece at 12:31 pm on Wednesday following the company’s announcement of a second interim dividend of Rs 19.5/share in the financial year 2022-23.
Post market hours on Tuesday, the mining major announced that its board approved a second interim dividend of Rs 19.5/share in FY23, amounting to Rs 7,250 crore. The record date for dividend payment is set at July 27, 2022.
The company announced the first interim dividend of Rs 31.5/share on May 6, 2022, costing it Rs 11,710 crore. In the past year, the mining giant has declared total dividends of Rs 76.5/share, as per Trendlyne data.
Further, the Government’s latest decision of slashing export duties on fuels and lowering the additional windfall tax imposed on crude oil produced by domestic refineries amid a cool down in international crude prices impacting the profit margins of domestic refiners and oil exporters has given a boost to the mining stock in the session.
The large-cap stock was the highest gainer on the sectoral index Nifty Metal , pulling the index higher at 1.82% at the time of writing.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.