On Monday, major U.S. stock indices ended the trading session near their peak, despite a rise in the country's yields. The ten-year yield experienced an increase of about 11 basis points, while the thirty-year yield rose by 14 basis points.
This recovery comes after the S&P and NASDAQ indices experienced a decline for three successive weeks. The Dow industrial average climbed by 43.35 points or 0.13%, closing at 34007.22. Meanwhile, the S&P index saw an uptick of 17.41 points or 0.40%, ending at 4337.45, and the NASDAQ index increased by 59.5 points or 0.45%, closing at 13271.31.
Among the companies that witnessed gains in their share prices were Roblox, with an increase of 3.19%, Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM ) which rose by 2.55%, FedEx (NYSE: FDX ) with an increase of 2.03%, Block with a rise of 1.96%, and Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ: ISRG ) with a gain of 1.75%. PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL ) also saw an increase of 1.69%, while Celsius and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN ) both experienced a rise of 1.67%. General Motors (NYSE: GM ) rounded off the list with a gain of 1.50%.
Despite these gains, not all companies had a positive day on the market. Papa John's shares fell by 3.33%, Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV ) experienced a decline of 2.01%, and Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA ) saw its shares drop by 1.82%. CrowdStrike (NASDAQ: CRWD ) witnessed a fall of 1.63%, Alibaba (NYSE: BABA ) had a decrease of 1.25% and Western Digital (NASDAQ: WDC )'s shares were down by 1.15%. Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB ) saw a dip of 1.03% while Doordash and Chipotle (NYSE: CMG ) experienced decreases in their share prices by 0.93% and 0.88% respectively.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.