BARCELONA (Reuters) -U.S. technology entrepreneur John McAfee apparently hanged himself in his prison cell on Wednesday after the Spanish high court authorised his extradition to the United States, his lawyer told Reuters.
Known for his eccentric behaviour and videos, McAfee, 75, was a pioneer of anti-virus software and indicted in Tennessee on tax evasion charges. He also was charged in a cryptocurrency fraud case in New York.
Spain's high court agreed to extradite McAfee to the United States, a court document released on Wednesday said.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Will he hang himself just for tax evasion charges, good try to portray a ***into suicide.Like 0
Atlanta Fed President Raphael Bostic said Wednesday he was one of the seven Federal Open Market Committee members who projected a rate hike in late 2022, which was in the June summary of economic projections released last week. One rate hike in 2022 plus two rate hike in 2023. Inflation in dangerous level. Already new home buying index comes out its not upto the expectation. Eating out is the major thing to decide about usa economy condition. Its reduced nearly 85 percentage as per report. Usa meme companies are getting attention other companies loosing reputation in the share market. Home delivery of food and items also reduced as per research report. What is going on really ? Usa is very strong developed country and economy before. Now where its headed? Mcafee creator dead that also suicide in the prison. Tech major is treated very badly in the world wide market.Like 0
A Sad end to a intelligent anti establishment honest, eccentric multi faced talent. May his soul rest in peace.Like 1