The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Walmart Inc (NYSE: WMT ), which rose 4.01% or 5.35 points to trade at 138.88 at the close. Cisco Systems Inc (NASDAQ: CSCO ) added 2.72% or 1.48 points to end at 55.72 and Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO ) was up 2.00% or 1.22 points to 62.12 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE: CRM ), which lost 5.53% or 11.71 points to trade at 200.03 in late trade. Caterpillar Inc (NYSE: CAT ) declined 4.37% or 8.90 points to end at 194.74 and 3M Company (NYSE: MMM ) shed 3.57% or 5.50 points to 148.64.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Newmont Goldcorp Corp (NYSE: NEM ) which rose 5.40% to 67.75, Sealed Air Corporation (NYSE: SEE ) which was up 5.00% to settle at 67.35 and Walmart Inc (NYSE: WMT ) which gained 4.01% to close at 138.88.
The worst performers were Albemarle Corp (NYSE: ALB ) which was down 19.91% to 197.02 in late trade, LKQ Corporation (NASDAQ: LKQ ) which lost 14.32% to settle at 47.64 and Tyler Technologies Inc (NYSE: TYL ) which was down 8.75% to 428.62 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Inspirato Inc (NASDAQ: ISPO ) which rose 648.38% to 92.65, Cepton Inc (NASDAQ: CPTN ) which was up 343.51% to settle at 42.000 and Anghami De Inc (NASDAQ: ANGH ) which gained 161.36% to close at 28.880.
The worst performers were Amplitude Inc (NASDAQ: AMPL ) which was down 58.90% to 17.10 in late trade, Guardion Health Sciences Inc (NASDAQ: GHSI ) which lost 34.12% to settle at 0.3700 and Yumanity Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: YMTX ) which was down 28.81% to 1.26 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2388 to 861 and 96 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 3037 fell and 788 advanced, while 179 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was up 15.73% to 28.11.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 1.57% or 29.30 to $1900.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 2.09% or 1.96 to hit $91.70 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.06% or 0.06 to trade at $92.91 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.03% to 1.1363, while USD/JPY fell 0.01% to 114.92.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.14% at 95.828.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.