The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (NYSE: UNH ), which rose 1.87% or 8.99 points to trade at 488.77 at the close. Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE: PG ) added 0.95% or 1.54 points to end at 164.14 and Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO ) was up 0.70% or 0.43 points to 61.61 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Honeywell International Inc (NASDAQ: HON ), which lost 7.61% or 15.80 points to trade at 191.75 in late trade. Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE: CRM ) declined 5.44% or 12.24 points to end at 212.77 and Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT ) shed 3.80% or 11.91 points to 301.55.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were DXC Technology Co (NYSE: DXC ) which rose 13.75% to 34.91, T-Mobile US Inc (NASDAQ: TMUS ) which was up 10.22% to settle at 120.78 and Humana Inc (NYSE: HUM ) which gained 6.23% to close at 426.21.
The worst performers were Meta Platforms Inc (NASDAQ: FB ) which was down 26.44% to 237.60 in late trade, Xylem Inc (NYSE: XYL ) which lost 12.18% to settle at 91.49 and Qorvo Inc (NASDAQ: QRVO ) which was down 10.33% to 128.72 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Soc Telemed Inc (NASDAQ: TLMD ) which rose 342.82% to 2.850, Kaival Brands Innovations Group Inc (NASDAQ: KAVL ) which was up 92.06% to settle at 1.210 and Biocardia Inc (NASDAQ: BCDA ) which gained 27.39% to close at 2.000.
The worst performers were Meta Platforms Inc (NASDAQ: FB ) which was down 26.44% to 237.60 in late trade, Dave Inc (NASDAQ: DAVE ) which lost 22.27% to settle at 10.82 and Redbox Entertainment Inc (NASDAQ: RDBX ) which was down 20.39% to 2.030 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2651 to 604 and 87 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2994 fell and 835 advanced, while 168 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was up 10.23% to 24.35.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.28% or 5.05 to $1805.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 2.16% or 1.91 to hit $90.17 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.05% or 0.05 to trade at $90.94 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.02% to 1.1436, while USD/JPY rose 0.01% to 114.96.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.62% at 95.343.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Wt happen in stock marketLike 0