The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Visa Inc Class A (NYSE: V ), which rose 1.62% or 3.14 points to trade at 196.72 at the close. Merck & Company Inc (NYSE: MRK ) added 1.57% or 1.38 points to end at 89.19 and Dow Inc (NYSE: DOW ) was up 1.49% or 0.98 points to 66.79 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Apple Inc (NASDAQ: AAPL ), which lost 5.18% or 8.01 points to trade at 146.50 in late trade. Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE: CRM ) declined 3.52% or 5.88 points to end at 161.27 and Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT ) shed 3.32% or 8.95 points to 260.55.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Electronic Arts Inc (NASDAQ: EA ) which rose 7.97% to 120.49, Duke Realty Corporation (NYSE: DRE ) which was up 7.83% to settle at 53.46 and Philip Morris International Inc (NYSE: PM ) which gained 4.79% to close at 103.62.
The worst performers were DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH ) which was down 19.72% to 17.46 in late trade, Signature Bank (NASDAQ: SBNY ) which lost 10.78% to settle at 194.50 and Enphase Energy Inc (NASDAQ: ENPH ) which was down 9.30% to 137.55 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Regulus Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: RGLS ) which rose 54.83% to 0.27, Golden Matrix Group Inc (NASDAQ: GMGI ) which was up 23.91% to settle at 4.25 and Charge Enterprises Inc (NASDAQ: CRGE ) which gained 22.07% to close at 3.65.
The worst performers were View Inc (NASDAQ: VIEW ) which was down 62.04% to 0.52 in late trade, Redbox Entertainment Inc (NASDAQ: RDBX ) which lost 42.86% to settle at 3.20 and SQL Technologies Corp (NASDAQ: SKYX ) which was down 36.99% to 3.73 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2310 to 959 and 113 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 3176 fell and 776 advanced, while 173 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 1.30% to 32.56.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.55% or 10.12 to $1,851.12 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 5.50% or 5.49 to hit $105.25 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 4.57% or 4.68 to trade at $107.14 a barrel.
EUR/USD was unchanged 0.15% to 1.05, while USD/JPY fell 0.31% to 130.02.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.11% at 104.06.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.