The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Nike Inc (NYSE: NKE ), which rose 1.01% or 1.41 points to trade at 141.59 at the close. Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS ) added 0.92% or 1.38 points to end at 150.85 and Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO ) was up 0.65% or 0.39 points to 60.68 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (NASDAQ: WBA ), which lost 2.75% or 1.34 points to trade at 47.36 in late trade. International Business Machines (NYSE: IBM ) declined 1.91% or 2.54 points to end at 130.15 and Chevron Corp (NYSE: CVX ) shed 1.54% or 2.14 points to 136.67.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Expedia Inc (NASDAQ: EXPE ) which rose 2.63% to 197.17, Las Vegas Sands Corp (NYSE: LVS ) which was up 2.33% to settle at 46.21 and CarMax Inc (NYSE: KMX ) which gained 2.29% to close at 110.96.
The worst performers were Moderna Inc (NASDAQ: MRNA ) which was down 11.68% to 142.47 in late trade, CF Industries Holdings Inc (NYSE: CF ) which lost 6.51% to settle at 71.46 and APA Corporation (NASDAQ: APA ) which was down 5.86% to 32.14 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were BioDelivery Sciences International (NASDAQ: BDSI ) which rose 52.75% to 5.560, Knightscope Inc (NASDAQ: KSCP ) which was up 32.91% to settle at 8.40 and Alpine 4 Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: ALPP ) which gained 22.30% to close at 1.81.
The worst performers were Dave Inc (NASDAQ: DAVE ) which was down 36.91% to 5.88 in late trade, RumbleON Inc (NASDAQ: RMBL ) which lost 30.22% to settle at 26.86 and Gravity Co Ltd (NASDAQ: GRVY ) which was down 26.45% to 45.44 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2319 to 936 and 118 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2576 fell and 1285 advanced, while 204 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was up 3.55% to 28.33.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 1.68% or 30.90 to $1873.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 1.86% or 1.73 to hit $94.83 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.02% or 0.02 to trade at $95.66 a barrel.
EUR/USD was unchanged 0.00% to 1.1305, while USD/JPY rose 0.01% to 115.54.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 96.265.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.