The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ), which rose 2.97% or 6.45 points to trade at 223.90 at the close. Caterpillar Inc (NYSE: CAT ) added 2.07% or 4.60 points to end at 227.00 and Walmart Inc (NYSE: WMT ) was up 1.42% or 2.03 points to 145.47 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT ), which lost 4.23% or 13.47 points to trade at 304.80 in late trade. Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE: CRM ) declined 3.87% or 9.20 points to end at 228.63 and Apple Inc (NASDAQ: AAPL ) shed 1.90% or 3.34 points to 172.19.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Biogen Inc (NASDAQ: BIIB ) which rose 5.03% to 236.67, Kroger Company (NYSE: KR ) which was up 4.96% to settle at 49.48 and American Airlines Group (NASDAQ: AAL ) which gained 4.54% to close at 19.34.
The worst performers were ServiceNow Inc (NYSE: NOW ) which was down 9.31% to 520.00 in late trade, Lumen Technologies Inc (NYSE: LUMN ) which lost 7.67% to settle at 12.27 and Bio-Techne Corp (NASDAQ: TECH ) which was down 7.16% to 397.68 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Singularity Future Technology Ltd (NASDAQ: SGLY ) which rose 25.88% to 5.010, Medavail Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: MDVL ) which was up 24.41% to settle at 1.58 and Vinco Ventures Inc (NASDAQ: BBIG ) which gained 22.57% to close at 3.530.
The worst performers were Vyne Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: VYNE ) which was down 21.45% to 0.785 in late trade, Kymera Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: KYMR ) which lost 15.90% to settle at 42.68 and Kidpik Corp (NASDAQ: PIK ) which was down 15.62% to 6.16 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1785 to 1469 and 120 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2648 fell and 1156 advanced, while 208 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was up 15.27% to 20.31.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.28% or 5.20 to $1822.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 1.17% or 0.97 to hit $81.67 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 0.08% or 0.07 to trade at $84.09 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.04% to 1.1458, while USD/JPY rose 0.03% to 114.21.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.05% at 94.850.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.