The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were 3M Company (NYSE: MMM ), which rose 1.34% or 2.36 points to trade at 179.01 at the close. Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO ) added 1.20% or 0.60 points to end at 50.73 and Honeywell International Inc (NYSE: HON ) was up 1.09% or 2.21 points to 204.11 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Walmart Inc (NYSE: WMT ), which lost 6.05% or 8.91 points to trade at 138.29 in late trade. Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ) declined 2.81% or 6.05 points to end at 209.47 and Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS ) shed 1.56% or 2.91 points to 183.53.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were FirstEnergy Corporation (NYSE: FE ) which rose 7.57% to 34.37, LKQ Corporation (NASDAQ: LKQ ) which was up 5.87% to settle at 38.94 and Kraft Heinz Co (NASDAQ: KHC ) which gained 5.11% to close at 38.91.
The worst performers were Albemarle Corp (NYSE: ALB ) which was down 9.32% to 142.79 in late trade, TechnipFMC PLC (NYSE: FTI ) which lost 8.97% to settle at 7.10 and Mosaic Co (NYSE: MOS ) which was down 8.77% to 27.76 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Greenland Acquisition Corp (NASDAQ: GTEC ) which rose 122.12% to 16.77, HighCape Capital Acquisition Corp (NASDAQ: CAPA ) which was up 110.98% to settle at 21.90 and Immunome Inc (NASDAQ: IMNM ) which gained 90.28% to close at 42.28.
The worst performers were Code Chain New Continent Ltd (NASDAQ: CCNC ) which was down 24.95% to 7.130 in late trade, NXT-ID Inc (NASDAQ: NXTD ) which lost 24.27% to settle at 2.5900 and ZW Data Action Technologies Inc (NASDAQ: CNET ) which was down 25.52% to 4.610 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2130 to 958 and 74 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2213 fell and 984 advanced, while 50 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was up 3.49% to 22.25.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.03% or 0.60 to $1773.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 1.78% or 1.09 to hit $60.05 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 1.31% or 0.84 to trade at $63.50 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.46% to 1.2091, while USD/JPY fell 0.19% to 105.64.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.43% at 90.558.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.