The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Chevron Corp (NYSE: CVX ), which rose 2.66% or 4.43 points to trade at 170.69 at the close. International Business Machines (NYSE: IBM ) added 1.29% or 1.75 points to end at 137.67 and Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE: PG ) was up 1.00% or 1.54 points to 156.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Nike Inc (NYSE: NKE ), which lost 3.49% or 4.14 points to trade at 114.49 in late trade. American Express Company (NYSE: AXP ) declined 2.26% or 3.86 points to end at 167.15 and Walmart Inc (NYSE: WMT ) shed 2.08% or 3.18 points to 149.56.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were NRG Energy Inc (NYSE: NRG ) which rose 9.79% to 41.40, EOG Resources Inc (NYSE: EOG ) which was up 7.13% to settle at 132.22 and Hess Corporation (NYSE: HES ) which gained 7.01% to close at 117.25.
The worst performers were Under Armour Inc C (NYSE: UA ) which was down 25.88% to 9.85 in late trade, Under Armour Inc A (NYSE: UAA ) which lost 23.79% to settle at 10.89 and DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH ) which was down 19.14% to 22.22 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Sidus Space Inc (NASDAQ: SIDU ) which rose 51.78% to 2.99, Nuvectis Pharma Inc (NASDAQ: NVCT ) which was up 30.19% to settle at 18.20 and Vinco Ventures Inc (NASDAQ: BBIG ) which gained 28.02% to close at 3.29.
The worst performers were Digital Brands Group Inc (NASDAQ: DBGI ) which was down 54.73% to 0.22 in late trade, The Joint Corp (NASDAQ: JYNT ) which lost 37.89% to settle at 17.41 and Clovis Oncology Inc (NASDAQ: CLVS ) which was down 32.56% to 0.99 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2196 to 989 and 117 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2892 fell and 904 advanced, while 214 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 3.24% to 30.19.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.34% or 6.47 to $1,882.17 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 2.19% or 2.37 to hit $110.63 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 2.05% or 2.27 to trade at $113.17 a barrel.
EUR/USD was unchanged 0.04% to 1.05, while USD/JPY rose 0.35% to 130.59.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.09% at 103.71.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.