The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO ), which rose 1.35% or 0.75 points to trade at 56.42 at the close. Visa Inc Class A (NYSE: V ) added 1.25% or 2.82 points to end at 229.09 and 3M Company (NYSE: MMM ) was up 1.24% or 2.31 points to 187.89 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dow Inc (NYSE: DOW ), which lost 1.91% or 1.18 points to trade at 60.69 in late trade. UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (NYSE: UNH ) declined 1.39% or 5.85 points to end at 415.39 and Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ) shed 1.33% or 2.86 points to 211.38.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Perrigo Company PLC (NYSE: PRGO ) which rose 8.99% to 45.34, Global Payments Inc (NYSE: GPN ) which was up 7.19% to settle at 170.02 and General Mills Inc (NYSE: GIS ) which gained 4.56% to close at 59.38.
The worst performers were Coty Inc (NYSE: COTY ) which was down 10.67% to 8.290 in late trade, PulteGroup Inc (NYSE: PHM ) which lost 6.05% to settle at 49.53 and Freeport-McMoran Copper & Gold Inc (NYSE: FCX ) which was down 5.47% to 34.37 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Locust Walk Acquisition Corp (NASDAQ: EFTR ) which rose 111.93% to 27.190, Helbiz Inc (NASDAQ: HLBZ ) which was up 105.94% to settle at 14.56 and Kadmon Holdings LLC (NASDAQ: KDMN ) which gained 71.13% to close at 9.070.
The worst performers were INmune Bio Inc (NASDAQ: INMB ) which was down 22.26% to 21.65 in late trade, Alector Inc (NASDAQ: ALEC ) which lost 18.97% to settle at 21.65 and Rallybio Corp (NASDAQ: RLYB ) which was down 18.96% to 12.78 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2027 to 1183 and 106 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2510 fell and 1030 advanced, while 115 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 0.99% to 17.96.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.38% or 6.75 to $1791.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 1.52% or 1.04 to hit $69.39 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 1.39% or 1.00 to trade at $72.69 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.18% to 1.1818, while USD/JPY fell 0.01% to 110.26.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 92.703.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.