The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Chevron Corp (NYSE: CVX ), which rose 2.68% or 2.73 points to trade at 104.70 at the close. Dow Inc (NYSE: DOW ) added 2.12% or 1.29 points to end at 62.04 and Honeywell International Inc (NYSE: HON ) was up 1.74% or 3.63 points to 212.22 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Nike Inc (NYSE: NKE ), which lost 2.89% or 3.96 points to trade at 133.16 in late trade. Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE: CRM ) declined 2.54% or 5.47 points to end at 209.53 and Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ) shed 2.27% or 1.44 points to 62.04.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (NYSE: LH ) which rose 4.87% to 250.42, EOG Resources Inc (NYSE: EOG ) which was up 4.15% to settle at 72.54 and Applied Materials Inc (NASDAQ: AMAT ) which gained 4.06% to close at 121.10.
The worst performers were ViacomCBS Inc (NASDAQ: VIAC ) which was down 23.18% to 70.10 in late trade, Discovery Inc Class A (NASDAQ: DISCA ) which lost 13.59% to settle at 61.94 and Discovery Communications C Inc (NASDAQ: DISCK ) which was down 13.41% to 54.54 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Wisekey International Holding AG (NASDAQ: WKEY ) which rose 100.78% to 20.52, Aptose Biosciences Inc (NASDAQ: APTO ) which was up 66.21% to settle at 6.10 and Hall of Fame Resort Entertainment Co (NASDAQ: HOFV ) which gained 38.96% to close at 5.60.
The worst performers were Benitec Biopharma Ltd ADR (NASDAQ: BNTC ) which was down 41.47% to 5.42 in late trade, Cerevel Therapeutics Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: CERE ) which lost 28.94% to settle at 12.50 and Hycroft Mining Holding Corporation (NASDAQ: HYMC ) which was down 28.74% to 4.96 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 0 to 0; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 0 fell and 0 advanced on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was up 4.43% to 21.20.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.01% or 0.20 to $1733.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 1.78% or 1.09 to hit $60.09 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 1.12% or 0.72 to trade at $63.41 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.01% to 1.1813, while USD/JPY rose 0.21% to 108.94.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 92.618.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.