The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ), which rose 5.69% or 8.41 points to trade at 156.13 at the close. Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE: GS ) added 5.57% or 16.79 points to end at 318.05 and Nike Inc (NYSE: NKE ) was up 5.05% or 5.25 points to 109.19 in late trade.
Biggest losers included International Business Machines (NYSE: IBM ), which lost 5.25% or 7.25 points to trade at 130.88 in late trade. Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ ) declined 1.46% or 2.54 points to end at 171.69 and Merck & Company Inc (NYSE: MRK ) gained 0.02% or 0.02 points to 92.36.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Caesars Entertainment Corporation (NASDAQ: CZR ) which rose 8.28% to 41.79, Match Group Inc (NASDAQ: MTCH ) which was up 8.17% to settle at 70.45 and PVH Corp (NYSE: PVH ) which gained 8.11% to close at 61.82.
The worst performers were International Business Machines (NYSE: IBM ) which was down 5.25% to 130.88 in late trade, Signature Bank (NASDAQ: SBNY ) which lost 4.51% to settle at 187.28 and Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ ) which was down 1.46% to 171.69 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Applied Blockchain Inc (NASDAQ: APLD ) which rose 100.00% to 2.12, Liquidia Technologies Inc (NASDAQ: LQDA ) which was up 45.31% to settle at 5.42 and Sidus Space Inc (NASDAQ: SIDU ) which gained 40.64% to close at 3.98.
The worst performers were biote Corp (NASDAQ: BTMD ) which was down 23.49% to 3.81 in late trade, High Tide Inc (NASDAQ: HITI ) which lost 21.90% to settle at 1.64 and Faraday Future Intelligent Electric Inc (NASDAQ: FFIE ) which was down 17.31% to 5.54 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 2665 to 490 and 124 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2958 rose and 818 declined, while 204 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 3.16% to 24.50.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.05% or 0.85 to $1,709.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 1.25% or 1.24 to hit $100.66 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.02% or 1.08 to trade at $107.35 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.83% to 1.02, while USD/JPY rose 0.09% to 138.24.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.61% at 106.57.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.