The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM ), which rose 6.19% or 7.26 points to trade at 124.60 at the close. Visa Inc Class A (NYSE: V ) added 4.29% or 8.53 points to end at 207.56 and Apple Inc (NASDAQ: AAPL ) was up 4.01% or 5.52 points to 143.11 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dow Inc (NYSE: DOW ), which lost 0.91% or 0.62 points to trade at 67.49 in late trade. Home Depot Inc (NYSE: HD ) declined 0.40% or 1.16 points to end at 286.03 and Honeywell International Inc (NASDAQ: HON ) shed 0.09% or 0.17 points to 189.58.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Ross Stores Inc (NASDAQ: ROST ) which rose 9.57% to 78.75, Deere & Company (NYSE: DE ) which was up 7.04% to settle at 335.36 and Schlumberger NV (NYSE: SLB ) which gained 6.54% to close at 43.81.
The worst performers were Gap Inc (NYSE: GPS ) which was down 5.49% to 10.33 in late trade, Autodesk Inc (NASDAQ: ADSK ) which lost 4.13% to settle at 183.51 and Caesars Entertainment Corporation (NASDAQ: CZR ) which was down 3.71% to 48.25 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Catalyst Biosciences Inc (NASDAQ: CBIO ) which rose 234.21% to 1.27, GeoVax Labs Inc (NASDAQ: GOVX ) which was up 66.91% to settle at 2.32 and Lixiang Education Holding Co Ltd (NASDAQ: LXEH ) which gained 58.00% to close at 3.16.
The worst performers were Nymox Pharmaceutical Corp (NASDAQ: NYMX ) which was down 63.85% to 0.46 in late trade, Inotiv Inc (NASDAQ: NOTV ) which lost 28.31% to settle at 13.14 and Molecular Data Inc (NASDAQ: MKD ) which was down 22.40% to 0.88 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 2240 to 918 and 146 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2209 rose and 1554 declined, while 236 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 3.23% to 28.48.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.52% or 9.61 to $1,851.71 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.41% or 0.45 to hit $110.73 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 0.95% or 1.05 to trade at $111.04 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 1.20% to 1.07, while USD/JPY rose 0.06% to 127.93.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 1.03% at 102.11.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.