The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were American Express Company (NYSE: AXP ), which rose 4.27% or 6.76 points to trade at 164.93 at the close. Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ) added 3.34% or 7.93 points to end at 245.28 and Chevron Corp (NYSE: CVX ) was up 2.95% or 3.04 points to 106.07 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Merck & Company Inc (NYSE: MRK ), which added 0.16% or 0.12 points to trade at 76.73 in late trade. Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ) added 0.38% or 0.21 points to end at 55.88 and Amgen Inc (NASDAQ: AMGN ) gained 0.66% or 1.57 points to 240.25.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were APA Corporation (NASDAQ: APA ) which rose 7.36% to 22.17, EOG Resources Inc (NYSE: EOG ) which was up 7.21% to settle at 85.03 and Hess Corporation (NYSE: HES ) which gained 7.21% to close at 90.43.
The worst performers were Xilinx Inc (NASDAQ: XLNX ) which was down 3.34% to 127.52 in late trade, Advanced Micro Devices Inc (NASDAQ: AMD ) which lost 2.45% to settle at 82.58 and Biogen Inc (NASDAQ: BIIB ) which was down 1.94% to 380.91 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Torchlight Energy Resources Inc (NASDAQ: TRCH ) which rose 57.58% to 9.8800, Raven Industries Inc (NASDAQ: RAVN ) which was up 49.20% to settle at 57.62 and Moxian Inc (NASDAQ: MOXC ) which gained 46.39% to close at 17.010.
The worst performers were Code Chain New Continent Ltd (NASDAQ: CCNC ) which was down 20.30% to 2.160 in late trade, Greenbox Pos (NASDAQ: GBOX ) which lost 19.21% to settle at 12.5300 and Intec Pharma Ltd (NASDAQ: NTEC ) which was down 16.73% to 4.1300 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 2432 to 753 and 118 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2051 rose and 1397 declined, while 143 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 13.62% to 17.88.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.81% or 14.25 to $1783.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 2.51% or 1.79 to hit $73.08 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 1.88% or 1.38 to trade at $74.89 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.48% to 1.1917, while USD/JPY rose 0.10% to 110.31.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.38% at 91.858.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
June 22. Latin America is witnessing its third wave of Covid infections. Colombia alone crossed 100,000 deaths on Tuesday, marking a grim update. The country of 50 million people has reported more than 3.9 million cases of coronavirus infections, as well as 100,582 deaths.Like 0