The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ), which rose 4.96% or 10.26 points to trade at 217.25 at the close. Honeywell International Inc (NASDAQ: HON ) added 4.06% or 8.96 points to end at 229.62 and American Express Company (NYSE: AXP ) was up 3.70% or 6.02 points to 168.83 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Merck & Company Inc (NYSE: MRK ), which lost 1.16% or 0.89 points to trade at 76.16 in late trade. Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE: PG ) declined 0.53% or 0.74 points to end at 139.70 and Verizon Communications Inc (NYSE: VZ ) shed 0.43% or 0.24 points to 55.60.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were HCA Holdings Inc (NYSE: HCA ) which rose 14.40% to 248.97, American Airlines Group (NASDAQ: AAL ) which was up 8.38% to settle at 20.56 and Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd (NYSE: NCLH ) which gained 8.28% to close at 23.68.
The worst performers were PPG Industries Inc (NYSE: PPG ) which was down 4.35% to 158.54 in late trade, Omnicom Group Inc (NYSE: OMC ) which lost 4.32% to settle at 73.06 and Philip Morris International Inc (NYSE: PM ) which was down 3.03% to 94.96 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were NeuroMetrix Inc (NASDAQ: NURO ) which rose 205.52% to 9.960, Neurobo Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: NRBO ) which was up 39.72% to settle at 3.940 and Nova Lifestyle I (NASDAQ: NVFY ) which gained 36.89% to close at 4.490.
The worst performers were Ardelyx Inc (NASDAQ: ARDX ) which was down 74.03% to 2.000 in late trade, Intrusion Inc (NASDAQ: INTZ ) which lost 50.29% to settle at 4.22 and Datasea Inc (NASDAQ: DTSS ) which was down 38.78% to 2.700 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 2711 to 489 and 99 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2864 rose and 664 declined, while 113 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 12.31% to 19.73.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.08% or 1.45 to $1810.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 1.70% or 1.13 to hit $67.48 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.52% or 1.04 to trade at $69.66 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.14% to 1.1782, while USD/JPY rose 0.38% to 109.86.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.08% at 92.972.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
when market go down at same rison ,then at some time market aslo take up side of some resone,,that's why don't rake market in only one direction,,u can trade up ,down or maybe flat ,,that it ..,soo first learn & then earn💸Like 0