The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ), which rose 7.44% or 15.78 points to trade at 227.90 at the close. Chevron Corp (NYSE: CVX ) added 3.88% or 3.87 points to end at 103.50 and Visa Inc Class A (NYSE: V ) was up 3.81% or 8.08 points to 220.19 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Home Depot Inc (NYSE: HD ), which lost 2.41% or 6.45 points to trade at 260.79 in late trade. Walmart Inc (NYSE: WMT ) declined 1.58% or 2.14 points to end at 133.33 and Amgen Inc (NASDAQ: AMGN ) shed 1.15% or 2.67 points to 229.78.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd (NYSE: NCLH ) which rose 9.26% to 31.27, Mosaic Co (NYSE: MOS ) which was up 8.70% to settle at 32.10 and Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY ) which gained 8.63% to close at 28.31.
The worst performers were Verisk Analytics Inc (NASDAQ: VRSK ) which was down 9.16% to 168.38 in late trade, Macy’s Inc (NYSE: M ) which lost 4.09% to settle at 15.23 and Flowserve Corporation (NYSE: FLS ) which was down 3.31% to 38.24 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Sypris Solutions Inc (NASDAQ: SYPR ) which rose 105.26% to 5.4600, Immunome Inc (NASDAQ: IMNM ) which was up 63.91% to settle at 46.73 and 9F Inc (NASDAQ: JFU ) which gained 32.22% to close at 2.38.
The worst performers were Constellation Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: CNST ) which was down 25.89% to 26.91 in late trade, Overstockcom Inc (NASDAQ: OSTK ) which lost 17.25% to settle at 72.94 and Tuscan Holdings Corp (NASDAQ: THCB ) which was down 15.96% to 17.38 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 2231 to 903 and 42 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2409 rose and 812 declined, while 49 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 6.14% to 21.69.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.41% or 7.35 to $1798.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 2.46% or 1.52 to hit $63.19 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 2.57% or 1.66 to trade at $66.14 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.06% to 1.2156, while USD/JPY rose 0.62% to 105.89.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 90.112.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.