The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE: GS ), which rose 2.77% or 9.94 points to trade at 368.75 at the close. Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE: CRM ) added 2.74% or 5.79 points to end at 217.66 and Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ) was up 2.60% or 5.79 points to 228.43 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS ), which lost 2.59% or 4.62 points to trade at 173.72 in late trade. Merck & Company Inc (NYSE: MRK ) declined 0.55% or 0.43 points to end at 78.26 and Home Depot Inc (NYSE: HD ) shed 0.49% or 1.58 points to 323.84.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Macy’s Inc (NYSE: M ) which rose 14.00% to 18.08, Seagate Technology PLC (NASDAQ: STX ) which was up 12.42% to settle at 97.95 and Nordstrom Inc (NYSE: JWN ) which gained 11.22% to close at 40.94.
The worst performers were Fox Corp Class A (NASDAQ: FOXA ) which was down 3.82% to 37.26 in late trade, Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS ) which lost 2.59% to settle at 173.72 and Fox Corp Class B (NASDAQ: FOX ) which was down 2.21% to 36.25 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were MoSys Inc (NASDAQ: MOSY ) which rose 51.21% to 4.370, HyreCar Inc (NASDAQ: HYRE ) which was up 45.13% to settle at 12.96 and LifeMD Inc (NASDAQ: LFMD ) which gained 35.02% to close at 8.79.
The worst performers were Solid Biosciences LLC (NASDAQ: SLDB ) which was down 21.85% to 3.47 in late trade, Evolving Systems Inc (NASDAQ: EVOL ) which lost 21.40% to settle at 1.8000 and Polarityte Inc (NASDAQ: PTE ) which was down 21.19% to 0.98 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 2656 to 556 and 94 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2804 rose and 581 declined, while 88 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 18.68% to 18.81.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 1.05% or 19.20 to $1843.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 2.48% or 1.58 to hit $65.40 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 2.51% or 1.68 to trade at $68.73 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.53% to 1.2143, while USD/JPY fell 0.09% to 109.36.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.46% at 90.320.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.