The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ), which rose 2.93% or 1.87 points to trade at 65.63 at the close. Apple Inc (NASDAQ: AAPL ) added 2.83% or 3.40 points to end at 123.39 and Cisco Systems Inc (NASDAQ: CSCO ) was up 2.69% or 1.32 points to 50.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM ), which lost 2.69% or 4.17 points to trade at 150.97 in late trade. Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ) declined 1.79% or 4.59 points to end at 251.23 and Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE: GS ) shed 1.41% or 4.87 points to 339.33.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Kansas City Southern (NYSE: KSU ) which rose 11.12% to 249.09, KLA-Tencor Corporation (NASDAQ: KLAC ) which was up 4.26% to settle at 305.36 and Applied Materials Inc (NASDAQ: AMAT ) which gained 3.89% to close at 119.33.
The worst performers were TripAdvisor Inc (NASDAQ: TRIP ) which was down 10.52% to 53.68 in late trade, SVB Financial Group (NASDAQ: SIVB ) which lost 6.03% to settle at 511.76 and Nordstrom Inc (NYSE: JWN ) which was down 5.77% to 40.04 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Support.com Inc (NASDAQ: SPRT ) which rose 231.78% to 7.100, Jiayin Group Inc (NASDAQ: JFIN ) which was up 78.10% to settle at 14.64 and Summer Infant Inc (NASDAQ: SUMR ) which gained 38.62% to close at 18.0200.
The worst performers were Odonate Therapeutics (NASDAQ: ODT ) which was down 79.19% to 3.96 in late trade, Euroseas Ltd (NASDAQ: ESEA ) which lost 20.94% to settle at 10.95 and Farmmi Inc (NASDAQ: FAMI ) which was down 18.57% to 1.1400 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 0 to 0; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 0 fell and 0 advanced on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 9.88% to 18.88 a new 52-week low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.28% or 4.95 to $1733.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.81% or 0.50 to hit $61.06 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.30% or 0.19 to trade at $64.07 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.01% to 1.1932, while USD/JPY rose 0.01% to 108.84.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 91.838.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.