The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Salesforce Inc (NYSE: CRM ), which rose 2.76% or 5.78 points to trade at 215.31 at the close. UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (NYSE: UNH ) added 0.69% or 3.39 points to end at 493.62 and International Business Machines (NYSE: IBM ) was up 0.66% or 0.89 points to 135.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dow Inc (NYSE: DOW ), which lost 1.97% or 1.04 points to trade at 51.74 in late trade. Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ) declined 1.51% or 0.48 points to end at 31.34 and Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (NASDAQ: WBA ) shed 1.35% or 0.43 points to 31.42.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Match Group Inc (NASDAQ: MTCH ) which rose 6.50% to 41.59, Etsy Inc (NASDAQ: ETSY ) which was up 4.20% to settle at 91.24 and Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA ) which gained 4.06% to close at 244.40.
The worst performers were DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH ) which was down 11.84% to 6.55 in late trade, FMC Corporation (NYSE: FMC ) which lost 3.94% to settle at 105.63 and Enphase Energy Inc (NASDAQ: ENPH ) which was down 3.76% to 174.58 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Advanced Human Imaging Ltd ADR (NASDAQ: AHI ) which rose 603.23% to 2.18, Sonoma Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: SNOA ) which was up 44.33% to settle at 1.40 and Sientra Inc (NASDAQ: SIEN ) which gained 41.71% to close at 2.48.
The worst performers were Baosheng Media Group Holdings Ltd (NASDAQ: BAOS ) which was down 33.83% to 9.29 in late trade, Elevation Oncology Inc (NASDAQ: ELEV ) which lost 32.27% to settle at 1.91 and Kaspien Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: KSPN ) which was down 32.03% to 0.20 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1826 to 1101 and 102 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2349 fell and 1190 advanced, while 143 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was up 1.32% to 13.83.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.17% or 3.30 to $1,975.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 1.26% or 0.90 to hit $70.39 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 1.29% or 0.98 to trade at $74.98 a barrel.
EUR/USD was unchanged 0.34% to 1.07, while USD/JPY rose 0.35% to 139.41.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.22% at 103.54.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.