The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ), which rose 4.71% or 2.82 points to trade at 62.67 at the close. Apple Inc (NASDAQ: AAPL ) added 4.06% or 4.72 points to end at 121.08 and Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ) was up 2.94% or 6.58 points to 230.61 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS ), which lost 3.67% or 7.40 points to trade at 194.51 in late trade. American Express Company (NYSE: AXP ) declined 3.44% or 5.17 points to end at 145.10 and Caterpillar Inc (NYSE: CAT ) shed 2.16% or 4.78 points to 216.80.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA ) which rose 19.64% to 673.58, Coty Inc (NYSE: COTY ) which was up 9.22% to settle at 8.53 and Lam Research Corp (NASDAQ: LRCX ) which gained 8.14% to close at 543.51.
The worst performers were Apache Corporation (NASDAQ: APA ) which was down 6.78% to 21.60 in late trade, Discovery Inc Class A (NASDAQ: DISCA ) which lost 6.30% to settle at 63.01 and Cimarex Energy Co (NYSE: XEC ) which was down 5.42% to 64.45 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were INVO Bioscience Inc (NASDAQ: INVO ) which rose 202.25% to 9.40000, Exela Technologies Inc (NASDAQ: XELA ) which was up 179.39% to settle at 4.6100 and SINTX Technologies Inc (NASDAQ: SINT ) which gained 58.56% to close at 2.870.
The worst performers were Graybug Vision Inc (NASDAQ: GRAY ) which was down 51.19% to 7.20 in late trade, ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: ACAD ) which lost 45.35% to settle at 25.02 and Stitch Fix (NASDAQ: SFIX ) which was down 28.15% to 49.23 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1979 to 1237 and 85 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 2463 rose and 878 declined, while 58 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 5.65% to 24.03.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.07% or 1.25 to $1712.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 0.36% or 0.23 to hit $64.03 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.19% or 0.13 to trade at $67.31 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.01% to 1.1899, while USD/JPY rose 0.18% to 108.66.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.38% at 91.983.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.