By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The week starting on April 10, 2023, is packed with multiple domestic and global data releases, including the US and India’s CPI prints for March 2023 as well as the US Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) minutes for the meeting held in March.
The Indian market will remain closed on Friday, April 14, on account of Ambedkar Jayanti.
In a note sent to Investing.com, Vinod Nair, Head of Research at Geojit Financial Services said, “FOMC meeting minutes are to be announced next week, which can have an impressive effect on the global market. Investors are looking for signs of a future FED interest rate pause, which can have a positive impact on the global market and vice versa.”
Here are some key economic events set to release in the holiday-curtailed week that will likely dictate the market movement.
- China CPI (YoY) for March: Investing.com forecast at 1.9%
- US FOMC Member Williams Speaks
- UK Market to remain closed for Easter
- China PPI (YoY) for March: Investing.com forecast at -1.3%
- US EIA Short-Term Energy Outlook
- US API Weekly Crude Oil Stock
- Japan PPI (YoY) for March: Investing.com forecast at 7.1%
- FOMC Member Kashkari Speaks
- FOMC Member Harker Speaks
- India CPI (YoY) for March: Investing.com forecast at 5.8%
- US CPI (YoY) for March: Investing.com forecast at 5.2%
- US FOMC Meeting Minutes
- US Core CPI (YoY) for March: Investing.com forecast at 5.6%
- BoE Governor Bailey Speaks
- US Crude Oil Inventories: Investing.com forecast at -2.329 million
- India Industrial Production for Feb: Investing.com forecast at 5.1%
- US Federal Budget Balance for Mar: Investing.com forecast at -256 billion
- US Initial Jobless Claims : Investing.com forecast at 205,000
- US PPI (MoM) for March: Investing.com forecast at 0.1%
- UK GDP (MoM) for Feb: Investing.com forecast at 0.2%
- OPEC Monthly Report
- UK Manufacturing Production for Feb: Investing.com forecast at 0.3%
- India WPI inflation for March: Investing.com forecast at 1.81%
- US IEA Monthly Report
- India Exports (USD), Imports (USD)
- India FX Reserves, USD
- India Trade Balance
- US Retail Sales for March
- US Industrial Production for March: Investing.com forecast at 0.2%
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.