LIMA - U.S. Global Investors, Inc., a seasoned investment advisory firm, has expanded its footprint in the Peruvian financial market with the listing of its gold mining and royalty exchange-traded fund (ETF), GOAU, on the Lima Stock Exchange. The launch was announced by CEO Frank Holmes on Wednesday, who underscored the strategic nature of the move, given Peru's prominence as Latin America's top gold producer and its mining sector's substantial contribution to the country's GDP.
The decision to list GOAU in Peru follows the firm's successful introduction of the Jets ETF on the Lima exchange in December 2020. GOAU's quantitative model is designed to select stocks based on financial stability and return on investment criteria, offering Peruvian investors specialized access to gold mining companies and royalty companies. The fund specifically aligns with significant players in the industry, such as Franco-Nevada and Wheaton Precious Metals (NYSE: WPM ), which have operations in Peru.
In addition to this strategic expansion, U.S. Global Investors has been actively managing its share repurchase program. In November 2023, the company significantly accelerated its efforts by acquiring 44,757 shares for $128,000 — an 80% increase from purchases made in the same month of the previous year.
The recent developments reflect U.S. Global Investors' commitment to providing innovative investment solutions across various asset classes, including digital assets.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.