* EXPERIAN: Experian Plc EXPN.L posted third-quarter revenue growth that exceeded its previous target, as the world's largest credit data firm benefited from strong U.S. mortgage volumes while flagging a slowdown in the current quarter PREMIER FOODS: Premier Foods PFD.L , the maker of OXO cubes and Bisto gravy, said it expects higher full-year profit after online sales jumped 90% in the third-quarter. AO WORLD: Retailer AO World AO.L reported a 67.2% surge in third-quarter sales on increased online demand for electrical products from consumers stuck at homes during the Christmas holiday period. BRITISH LAND: Real estate firm British Land BLND.L appointed Bhavesh Mistry, currently deputy chief financial officer at supermarket operator Tesco TSCO.L , as its new finance head. HAMMERSON PLC: London-based shopping centre operator Hammerson Plc HMSO.L said it received less than half of the rents due for the first quarter as retailers grapple with new COVID-19 curbs across the UK and most of Europe. RIO TINTO: Rio Tinto (LON: RIO ) RIO.AX reported a 2.4% rise in fourth-quarter iron ore shipments, helped by industrial activity in top consumer China which had returned to pre-pandemic levels. ECONOMY: The number of shoppers heading out to retail destinations across Britain fell by 10.9% in the week to Jan. 16, versus the previous week. OIL: Brent crude futures edged up as optimism that government stimulus will buoy global economic growth and oil demand trumped concerns that renewed COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns globally could cool fuel consumption. GOLD: Gold prices rose, off a 1-1/2-month low hit in the previous session, as the dollar slipped and hopes for further global stimulus underpinned the safe-haven metal. The blue-chip FTSE 100 index .FTSE slipped 0.2% in listless trading across Europe on Monday, weighed down by falls in energy and travel stocks, while tighter restrictions on businesses led to concerns about the near-term impact on the economy. UK CORPORATE DIARY: U and I Group PLC
HY 2021 Earnings Genel Energy Plc
Trading Update Experian
Trading Statement Kier
Trading Statement Premier Foods
Trading Statement Centamin
Q4 Trading Statement IntegraFin Holdings
Q1 Trading Statement
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.