(Adds details on offer, background)
Feb 17 (Reuters) - FAR Ltd FAR.AX said on Wednesday it received a non-binding, indicative takeover offer from Russian energy company PJSC Lukoil LKOH.MM , valuing the Australian oil and gas explorer at A$220 million ($170.37 million).
Lukoil offered 2.2 Australian cents in cash per share, double FAR's last close price and higher than the 2.1 cents a share offered by private investment firm Remus Horizons PCC Ltd in December. offer comes months after its bid to enter Senegal by buying Cairn Energy 's CNE.L stake in the Sangomar oil project was derailed by Woodside Petroleum WPL.AX , which exercised its right to match the $400 million offer. had said at the time that it wanted to remove potential uncertainty arising from Lukoil being on a U.S. list of sanctioned Russian firms, including for transactions related to deepwater oil projects. said the Russian company was open to providing financial support to help it come out of default in relation to its Rufisque Offshore, Sangomar Offshore and Sangomar Deep Offshore (RSSD) project in Senegal.
It will postpone this week's shareholder vote on the proposed stake sale in the Sangomar project to a later date. does not believe it requires approval from Australia's Foreign investment Review Board or any other regulatory bodies for the proposed deal, FAR said. ($1 = 1.2913 Australian dollars)
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.