Univar Solutions Inc. (NYSE: UNVR ) ("Univar Solutions" or "the Company"), a leading global solutions provider to users of specialty ingredients and chemicals, announced today that Leprino Foods Company ("Leprino Foods") has selected the Company as an authorized distributor of nutritional ingredients and dairy products, including lactose, sweet whey, whey protein concentrate and isolate, micellar casein, and milkfat globule membrane (MFGM) in the United States and Canada. Used in adult, early life, and nutraceutical blends, sports and animal nutrition products, and commercial food and beverage applications, these increasingly popular ingredients are found in many of the foods and beverages health-conscious consumers demand as they focus on improving overall health and wellness.
"Our relationship with Leprino Foods provides customers expanded access to more of the in-demand ingredients needed to remain atop health-conscious consumers' shopping lists," said Kevin Hack, global vice president of food ingredients for Univar Solutions. "With an unwavering commitment to collaboratively match our suppliers' products with customer needs and our significant North American distribution footprint, we can help Leprino Foods expand their reach while providing customers the support and solutions needed to overcome their dairy formulation challenges."
From an expansive specialty ingredients portfolio to innovative recipe formulation and testing, food brands of all sizes turn to Foodology by Univar Solutions for help with innovation and product development challenges. Coupled with Foodology by Univar Solutions' centralized distribution network and custom supply chain solutions that support critical business operations, customers and suppliers have access to far more than a distributor. Instead, they enjoy a value-added partnership, which serves as an extension of their business. And now, with access to Leprino Foods' trusted nutrient-rich dairy products, customers can better deliver food and beverage dairy solutions across the United States and Canada.
"We are excited to work with Univar Solutions as a trusted supplier and business partner, creating innovative dairy products for the evolving food and nutrition marketplace," said Jason Eckert, senior vice president and general manager for Leprino Foods. "Innovation, food safety, and global responsibility are at the heart of our success, and we're impressed that this aligns with their dedication to helping customers create pioneering food ingredient solutions while demonstrating their commitment to sustainable operations and practices."
For more information about Univar Solutions' food ingredients business, visit univarsolutions.com/foodology.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.