Unilever recalls Dove, other aerosol dry shampoo brands
New Delhi, Oct 25 (IANS) Global FMCG giant Unilever (LON: ULVR ) Plc has recalled some popular brands, including Dove, of its aerosol dry shampoo, after it was discovered that they had benzene related contamination, according to media reports.
Benzene can cause cancer.
As per reports, some other brands which have been recalled include Nexxus, Suave, Tresemme and Tigi, which makes Rockaholic and Bed Head dry shampoos, according to a notice posted on the Food and Drug Administration's website.
Recalled products are mainly those which have been manufactured before October 2021.
The reports said that the move had raised questions about safety of aerosol in person hygiene products.
Apart from Unilever's recall, several other similar products have been recalled in the last 18 months like Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ )'s Neutrogena, Edgewell Personal Care Co.'s Banana Boat, and Beiersdorf AG (ETR: BEIG )'s Coppertone, reports said.
The problem mainly arises from the propellants used to spray the personal-care products from the cans. Unilever said this was the case with its dry shampoo recall, the media reports said.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or