Ukraine's grain harvest to reach 49.5 mn ton this year: Forecast
Kiev, Feb 2 (IANS) Ukraine is forecast to have a grain harvest of about 49.5 million ton this year, the Interfax-Ukraine news agency reported, citing a forecast by the Economy Ministry.
While commenting on the forecast, Ukrainian First Deputy Economy Minister Denys Kudin said on Wednesday that the projected harvest will enable Ukraine to fully cover its domestic demand for grain.
At the current stage, the Ministry sees no need to restrict the exports of agricultural products from Ukraine, Kudin added.
As of January 27, Ukrainian farmers reaped 52.6 million ton of grain and legumes of the 2022 harvest from 96 per cent of sowed areas, Xinhua news agency reported.
Ukraine for years has been a key global producer of wheat , corn and sunflower oil. In 2021, the country's harvest of cereals and legumes hit a record high of 84 million ton, up 28.5 per cent year-on-year.
In the current marketing year, between July 1, 2022, and January 30, 2023, Ukraine exported about 26.3 million ton of grain, down 30.8 per cent from the same period of the previous marketing year.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or