Jan 28 - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening flat at 7,412 points on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* GBP: The British pound edged lower on Monday as markets await this week's Bank of England decision on interest rates, which many analysts see as too close to call. SKILL SHORTAGE: Britain needs a new body dedicated to filling skill shortages in financial services as tech lures away talent and Brexit increases uncertainty, a government-commissioned report said on Tuesday. 5G: Prime Minister Boris Johnson will meet senior ministers on Tuesday to decide whether to allow the use of equipment made by China's Huawei HWT.UL in Britain's future 5G mobile network. NICE: Britain's healthcare cost agency, The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), on Tuesday recommended against including Johnson & Johnson's JNJ.N nasal spray for depression, Spravato, in the country's healthcare network, citing uncertainties over its clinical and cost effectiveness. GOLD: Gold prices were little changed on Tuesday as rising concerns over the fast-spreading coronavirus in China and its economic impact offset a firmer dollar. OIL: Oil futures fell for a sixth session on Tuesday as the spread of a new virus in China and several countries raised concerns about a hit to economic growth and oil demand. The UK blue-chip index .FTSE closed down 2.3% on Monday as the coronavirus spread globally with death tolls more than tripling from last week, spooking investors about the potential financial hit to travel and China-exposed companies. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Full Year 2019 Earnings Release Aukett Swanke Group
Full Year 2019 PLC Earnings Release Plutus Powergen
Half Year 2020 Earnings Release Inspired Energy
INSEI.L Full Year 2019 Earnings Release McCarthy & Stone
Full Year 2019 Earnings Release Hunters Property
Full Year 2019 Earnings Release Crest Nicholson Holdings
Full Year 2019 PLC Earnings Release Pentair
Q4 2019 Earnings Release Euromoney Institutional
Trading Statement Release Investor
Half Year 2020 Earnings Release Saga
Trading Update Release A.G.Barr
Q4 2019 TradingStatement Release Virgin Money (LON: VM ) UK
Q1 2020 Trading Statement Release
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.