April 6 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures .FFIc1 up 2.40% on Monday.
* LLOYDS BANKING GROUP: A retired High Court judge has been appointed to re-review compensation paid by Lloyds Banking Group LLOY.L to victims of one of Britain's biggest banking scandals after an earlier review found victims were likely paid too little. BRITISH BANKS: British banks Barclays BARC.L and RBS RBS.L confirmed that shareholders will not be able to attend their annual general meetings in person due to coronavirus social distancing rules. BURBERRY: High-end British fashion brand Burberry BRBY.L has turned over its production to make protective gowns for healthcare workers tackling the coronavirus outbreak, health minister Matt Hancock said on Friday. BP: BP Plc BP.L cut production at its three largest U.S. refineries by about 15% because of the shrinking availability of storage for the products that cannot be sold as consumers stay off the roads to stall the coronavirus pandemic, sources familiar with operations at the plants said on Friday. NMC HEALTH: The new executive chairman of hospital operator NMC Health NMC.L vowed on Saturday to work with authorities in Britain and the United Arab Emirates to recover misused funds and called on the company's creditors for a debt standstill. NMC HEALTH: Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB) ADCB.AD applied to Britain's High Court on April 2 to appoint joint administrators for troubled hospital operator NMC Health, the bank said in a bourse filing on Saturday. HSBC: HSBC HSBA.L shareholders in Hong Kong are mulling calling for an extraordinary meeting with management and taking possible legal action against the bank's scrapping of dividend payments. ROLLS-ROYCE: UK aero-engine maker Rolls-Royce (LON: RR ) will abandon its targets on profits, cash and deliveries, and suspend its dividend, due to the coronavirus outbreak, the Financial Times reported late on Sunday. The UK blue-chip index .FTSE closed down 1.2%, its fifth weekly decline in six on Friday, with insurers leading losses after a European Union regulator urged them to halt shareholder payouts, while oil stocks retreated after a recent surge. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
ADVISORY: The Financial Conduct Authority had said on March 21 that Britain's listed companies should not publish preliminary financial statements for at least two weeks to better assess how the coronavirus outbreak is affecting their business. M Winkworth Plc
WINKM.L Full Year 2019 Earnings Corero Network Security Plc
Full Year 2019 Earnings Smiths Group Plc
Half Year 2020 Earnings
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.