* ENTAIN: Britain's Entain ENT.L has approached Tabcorp Holdings TAH.AX with a A$3.5 billion ($2.73 billion) proposal to buy its wagering and media business, the Australian betting firm said. DARKTRACE: The books for the listing of British cybersecurity company Darktrace have been covered on the first day of the road show, a source familiar with the matter said on Monday. ASTRAZENECA: The United States will start to share up to 60 million doses of AstraZeneca Plc's AZN.L COVID-19 vaccine with other countries in the coming months after a federal safety review, the Associated Press reported on Monday, citing the White House. OIL: Oil prices rebounded after falling in the previous session, but gains are likely to be capped amid growing concerns over fuel demand in India, the world's third-biggest crude importer, now slammed by spiralling new coronavirus cases. O/R
* London's FTSE-100 rose on Monday as mining and financial shares benefitted from growing hopes of an economic recovery, while a surge in shares of engineering firm IMI (LON: IMI ) helped the mid-cap index outperform its blue-chip counterpart. .L
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
BP (LON: BP ).L
Q1 Results WTB.L
Whitbread (LON: WTB )
FY Results IWG.L
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.