April 26 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 9 points lower on Monday, according to financial bookmakers.
* ASTRAZENECA: Canada's health department said on Sunday the 1.5 million doses of the AstraZeneca Plc AZN.L COVID-19 vaccine imported from Emergent BioSolutions EBS.N Baltimore facility were safe and met quality specifications. INFORMA: Trade show organiser Informa INF.L said on Monday it has signed an agreement to combine its existing financial intelligence business with U.S.-based advisory services provider Novantas Inc by the end of June 2021. PEARSON: Global education group Pearson PSON.L said strong demand for online learning courses had helped the group to post a 5% rise in underlying revenue growth in the first three months of the year. DARKTRACE: British cyber-security firm Darktrace is cutting valuation of its London stock exchange listing as it adopts a cautious approach aimed at avoiding a repetition of Deliveroo ROO.L disappointing public debut, Sky News reported on Sunday. SUPER GROUP: Super Group, the parent company of online bookmaker Betway, is nearing a deal to go public through a merger with blank-check acquisition firm Sports Entertainment Acquisition Corp SEAH.N at a valuation of about $5.1 billion, people familiar with the matter said on Saturday. BOOHOO: British online fashion retailer Boohoo BOOH.L is considering linking bosses' multi-million pound bonuses to Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) improvements, including workers' rights, it said on Saturday. ARSENAL: Daniel Ek, the CEO and founder of music streaming service Spotify, said on Friday he would be interested in buying Premier League club Arsenal if under-fire American owner Stan Kroenke wanted to sell the north London outfit. ASTRAZENECA: Chilean investigators testing the AstraZeneca-Oxford University COVID-19 vaccination in 2,200 people found no instances of blood clots among participants, they said on Friday. ROLLS-ROYCE: British engineering company Rolls-Royce RR.L said it was in constructive talks with Spain over the sale of its Spanish unit ITP Aero, after a media report said Madrid could block the deal. OIL: Oil prices fell on Monday on fears that surging COVID-19 cases in India will drive down fuel demand in the world's third biggest oil importer and as investors adjusted positions ahead of a planned increase in OPEC+ oil output from May
* London's FTSE 100 .FTSE slipped on Friday as industrial stocks fell and a stronger pound weighed on export-oriented companies, while investors awaited a flash reading on business survey data for April later in the day. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.