April 23 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 25 points lower at 5,746 on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* ROYAL DUTCH SHELL: Royal Dutch Shell RDSa.L has postponed decisions on whether to go ahead with two large oil and gas developments in the Gulf of Mexico and North Sea after oil prices collapsed due to the coronavirus crisis, a company source said on Wednesday. Currency service provider Travelex TFPI.UL has put itself up for sale, the London-based company said on Wednesday, a month after parent Finablr warned that it was preparing for a potential insolvency. Telecom Italia (MI: TLIT ) (TIM) and Vodafone VOD.L said on Wednesday they had agreed to launch the sale of an 8% stake in Italy's biggest mobile tower company INWIT on a pro-rata basis as part of their efforts to cut debt. GOLD: Gold eased on Thursday as investors booked profits from a near 2% rally in the previous session, while U.S. stimulus measures to ease the economic blow from the coronavirus outbreak limited losses and kept prices above $1,700 an ounce. OIL: Oil extended gains on Thursday amid signs that producers are cutting production to cope with a collapse in demand for fuel as the coronavirus outbreak ravages the world's economies. EX-DIVS: Intercontinental Hotels IHG.L , Mondi MNDI.L , Melrose MRON.L , Phoenix Group Holdings PHNX.L , Standard Life Aberdeen SLA.L , Smith & Nephew SN.L and Taylor Wimpey will trade without entitlement to its latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 5.05 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations. .L/XD The UK blue-chip index .FTSE closed up 2.3% on Wednesday a 6% rally in energy majors BP (LON: BP ) and Royal Dutch Shell and positive corporate updates injected calm into equity markets after an oil-driven rout. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
FY 2019 earnings release RDI Reit Plc
HY 2020 earnings release Luceco Plc
FY 2019 earnings release Alfa Financial Software
ALFAAL.L FY 2019 earnings release Anglo American Plc
Q1 2020 production report Meggitt Plc
Q1 2020 trading statement MPH SE
Q1 2020 pre-close trading statement Unilever Plc
Q1 2020 trading statement Relx Plc
Q1 2020 trading statement Taylor Wimpey
Trading statement Tullow Oil
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.