Investing.com – U.K. equities were lower at the close on Thursday, as in the sectors propelled shares .
At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 unchanged 0% to hit a new 1-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were BAE Systems PLC (LON: BAES ), which unchanged 0% or 0 points to trade at 591.80 at the close. Fresnillo PLC (LON: FRES ) unchanged 0% or 0 points to end at 696.80 and Anglo American PLC (LON: AAL ) was unchanged 0% or 0 points to 3574.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sberbank Of Russia (LON: SBNCyq ), which unchanged 0% or 0 points to trade at 10.69 in late trade. NK Rosneft PAO DRC (LON: ROSNq ) unchanged 0% or 0 points to end at 5.90 and GMK Norilskiy Nikel PAO DRC (LON: NKELyq ) 0% or 0 points to 25.61.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1923 to 272 and 216 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.63% or 12.05 to $1911.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 3.68% or 3.32 to hit $93.53 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 2.10% or 1.95 to trade at $94.94 a barrel.
GBP/USD was unchanged 0% to 1.3594, while EUR/GBP unchanged 0% to 0.8321.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 96.112.
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.