At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 fell 4.73% to hit a new 5-year low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were Sage Group PLC (LON: SGE ), which rose 5.29% or 30.80 points to trade at 612.80 at the close. Intertek Group PLC (LON: ITRK ) added 5.16% or 234.0 points to end at 4770.0 and Ocado Group PLC (LON: OCDO ) was up 4.23% or 50.00 points to 1233.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included International Consolidated Airlines Group S.A. (LON: ICAG ), which lost 27.00% or 94.60 points to trade at 255.70 in late trade. EasyJet PLC (LON: EZJ ) declined 19.32% or 152.00 points to end at 634.80 and Intermediate Capital Group PLC (LON: ICP ) shed 18.38% or 193.00 points to 857.00.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2165 to 185 and 61 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 1.56% or 23.70 to $1493.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 8.94% or 2.87 to hit $29.24 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 11.58% or 3.92 to trade at $29.93 a barrel.
GBP/USD was down 0.39% to 1.2228, while EUR/GBP rose 1.07% to 0.9138.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.81% at 98.100.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.