U.K. shares lower at close of trade; Investing.com United Kingdom 100 down 1.7000%
Investing.com – U.K. equities were lower at the close on Tuesday, as losses in the Travel & Leisure , Life Insurance/Assurance and Household Goods & Home Construction sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 declined 1.7000%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were BAE Systems PLC (LON: BAES ), which rose 3.6960% or 26.60000038 points to trade at 746.20001221 at the close. Anglo American PLC (LON: AAL ) added 3.4660% or 132.50000000 points to end at 3955.50000000 and Antofagasta PLC (LON: ANTO ) was up 3.3200% or 50.50000000 points to 1571.50000000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sberbank Of Russia (LON: SBNCyq ), which lost 80.1040% or 0.84549999 points to trade at 0.20999999 in late trade. GMK Norilskiy Nikel PAO DRC (LON: NKELyq ) declined 76.7490% or 10.55300045 points to end at 3.20000005 and Flutter Entertainment PLC (LON: FLTRF ) shed 12.4040% or 1339.00000000 points to 9456.00000000.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1456 to 522 and 383 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 2.0500% or 39.04999924 to $1939.75000000 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 9.2000% or 8.81000042 to hit $104.52999878 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 8.1200% or 7.96000004 to trade at $105.93000031 a barrel.
GBP/USD was down 0.8123% to 1.33099997, while EUR/GBP fell 0.1555% to 0.83450001.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.8100% at 97.47699738.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or