Investing.com – U.K. equities were lower at the close on Friday, as losses in the Industrial Metals & Mining , Fixed Line Telecommunications and Healthcare Equipment & Services sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 declined 0.62%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were Rightmove PLC (LON: RMV ), which rose 3.23% or 22.00 points to trade at 702.20 at the close. London Stock Exchange Group PLC (LON: LSEG ) added 2.35% or 172.0 points to end at 7490.0 and Segro Plc (LON: SGRO ) was up 1.88% or 22.50 points to 1217.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Intertek Group PLC (LON: ITRK ), which lost 7.99% or 448.0 points to trade at 5156.0 in late trade. International Consolidated Airlines Group S.A. (LON: ICAG ) declined 7.45% or 13.54 points to end at 168.10 and Carnival PLC (LON: CCL ) shed 4.42% or 66.8 points to 1444.8.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1261 to 931 and 247 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.63% or 11.50 to $1819.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.26% or 0.19 to hit $73.81 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.28% or 0.21 to trade at $75.31 a barrel.
GBP/USD was down 0.35% to 1.3912, while EUR/GBP rose 0.18% to 0.8526.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.28% at 92.127.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.